Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Lifeguards and goodbyes

Well now I'm a proper, certified lifeguard. Look out for me somewhere, at a pool or a beach this December! I'll be hanging around somewhere, getting paid! heh.

And now this is the end of hmm well about 10 months, attending lessons on Sunday evenings, joking around with the other people taking lessons, poking fun at Mr Tan and listening to him teach...

And now I've come to the end of the road. Or if you want to be more optimistic, the sharp bend in a long road. Everything's changed. I'll probably never see anyone from the class again. I'll miss them, I'm very sure. Mabel, Jasmine, Jasper, Kenneth, Kenny, Jared, Weijie.. yes even Lester! (even though Lester does exasperate me at times)

And Mr. Tan. He'll be leaving to study overseas. Sad isn't it. One of the very, very, VERY few adults whom I like and respect a lot, and he's leaving. :(

Why can't all the nice things in life stay the same? After Friday, I'll probably never set foot in Toa Payoh pool again.
And Friday will be my last swimming nationals. After 5 years of going to that pool, first for nationals, then for some school training, then for my lifeguard course, and after Friday..
no more. No more. No more, no more.

No comments: